Clement Track, Richmond, B.C. Granville Rd – between Gilbert Rd and Minoru Blvd.
Track - 8 lanes/400m, polyurethane surface, fully automatic timing. Complete jumps and throws. Changing rooms with showers and concession available.
Hilton Vancouver Airport - 5911 Minoru Blvd, Richmond, BC V6X 4C7.
The Kajaks Track and Field Club are pleased to announce Hilton Vancouver Airport hotel has offered preferred rates to participants and family members attending the BCJD Championships.
The details are as follows: Make reservations prior to July 8, 2012. After this date, the rooms will be released to general public.
Callers must mention the group name KAJAKS to receive this preferred rate.
For more details regarding the rooms, please contact Hilton Vancouver Airport directly or visit their website section setup for Kajaks: Hilton Vancouver Airport.
BC Athletics Championship medals - 1st through 3rd place. BC Athletics Championship ribbons 4th – 8th place.
All athletes are encouraged to wear their club uniforms
Entry Fees & Deadlines:
· $7.00 per individual event - up to July 20, 2012 – 5:00pm.
· $12.00 per individual event - for entries received after the deadline and up until July 25, 2012 - 5:00pm.
· No further entries for individual events will be accepted after July 25, 2012 – 5:00pm
· $8.00 per relay team – entries taken up to 1 hour prior to the event start time.
All club entries must be submitted through HyTek Team Manager. Team Manager Lite is free and available at http://hy-tekltd.com/downloads.html The Team Manager event file is available at http://kajaks.org/events/bcjd_2012_files/tfmm2012-07-27-MeetEvents-2012 JD Championships-002.zip
Clubs should send their entries to email@example.com
Unattached Athlete Entries:
Email entries will only be received from Unattached athletes. Email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
· Last Name, First Name
· BC Athletics JD membership number
· Events entered in and seed marks.
· Contact email address
· Contact phone number
Registration Package Pick-up:
Payment must be received before Registration Packages will be released. Please bring payment to the meet – cheques should be made out to “Kajaks Track & Field Club”.
Eligibiliy to compete at the JD Championship events:
· Athletes must be born in 1999 (13yrs), 2000 (12 yrs), 2001 (11 yrs), 2002 (10 yrs), 2003 (9 yrs)
· Age is determined by the age the athlete is as of December 31, 2012
· All participants must hold a 2012 BC Athletics Junior Development competitive membership or the equivalent from another province, territory or national athletics federation.
· “Day of Event” and “School Club” memberships are not permitted for the JD Championship events.
· Children taking part in the 6 – 8 year old, Track Rascals Fun Run who do not have a 2012 Track Rascals membership are required to pay a $3.00 Day of Event Fee
Eligible Ages for participation in the Track Rascals Run:
· Children born in 2004, 2005 & 2006
Competition numbers are to be worn on the front.
Check-in for all field events will be at the event site. Check-in for all track events will be in the marshalling area set up on the south end of the in-field area. Athletes must present themselves to the marshalling areas when their events are called by the announcer – or at least 30 minutes prior to the event start time.
All implements will be supplied by the meet.
Personal implements must meet BC Junior Development standards and must be weighed in and measured at least 45 minutes prior to the competition. The Weigh-in table will be located by the shed at the southwest corner of the track.
The maximum length allowed is 7mm for all events except high jump and javelin where a maximum 9mm is permitted
Order of Events:
All track events will run oldest to youngest, females then males.
Track events will be run as scheduled.
Athletes are responsible for alerting event officials at their conflicting events. Athletes in a conflicting field event will forego their attempt in the round if the round has been completed before they return from their other event.
Track events with 8 or fewer competitors will be run as a final at the scheduled heat time. Heats will be consolidated where possible. Events may run up to 30 minutes earlier than the scheduled time.
For the 60m, 100m & 200m events the winner of each heat plus the next fastest times needed to fill eight lanes will proceed to the final. Where there is a tie for the eighth position in a final event, the highest-placed athlete in the slowest heat of the tied athletes will proceed to the final.
The following rules will be followed in order to give all athletes at the meet an opportunity to take part in the relay events:
1. Athletes run in the age group of the oldest athlete on the relay team
2. Athletes run as a team of the same gender
3. Club athletes can run under their club affiliation
4. * Club athletes can run on another club team.
5. Unattached competitive athletes can compete in relay events, under the following conditions:
· * By joining a club relay team.
· By forming a relay team of only unattached athletes, entering as “Unattached A”, B, C, etc.
· * By forming a relay time comprised of Unattached athletes and Club athletes who have not been selected to a club team.
* Unattached athletes or athletes from another club cannot bump a club athlete from a club relay team when that club could form a team of 4 members from within their club.
All athletes will receive three attempts (except for high jump) as per the BC Athletics Junior Development policy.
Protests must be submitted in writing to the Chief of Officials and the Jury of Appeal within 30 minutes of the results for the event in question being posted. Protest forms will be available at the Awards Table. Complete the form and hand it back in to the Awards Table. A $25.00 protest fee must accompany all protests. If the protest is upheld the fee will be returned.
Jury of Appeals:
A Jury of Appeal consisting of three competent and qualified persons will be available for decisions arising from protests. All decisions will be final
Athletes failing to show and sign in before the competition of Round 1 of an event are an automatic scratch and are not permitted to take part in any further rounds in the event. Athletes may miss a round if they have signed in.